Check out Funktion Home for adorable textiles for a colorful pop inside and out. They carry several kitchen items like dishtowels and pot holders to really sweet baby accessories.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
I found these useful kitchen tips via a family friend's personal cookbook "The Best of Friends and Family" by Carolyn Rogers. I've never seen some of these hints before and found them to be quite resourceful and clever. Happy cooking!
- Drop a leaf of lettuce into a pot of soup to absorb extra grease from the top. Remove the lettuce and serve.
- To cut down on odors when cooking cabbage or cauliflower, add a little vinegar to the water and don't overcook.
- To keep hot oil from splattering, sprinkle a little salt or flour in the pan before frying.
- To prevent pasta from boiling over, place a wooden spoon or fork across the top of the pot while the pasta is boiling.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to simmering rice to prevent the grains from sticking.
- To prevent cheese from sticking to a grater, spray the grater with cooking spray before beginning.
- When baking bread, a small dish of water in the oven will keep the crust from getting too hard or brown.
- When baking in a glass pan, reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees.
- The freshness of eggs can be tested by placing them in a large bowl of cold water. If they float, do not use them.
- To avoid teary eyes when cutting onions, cut them under cold running water or briefly place them in the freezer before cutting.
- Fresh lemon juice will remove onion scent from hands.
- Drop a few ice cubes down your garbage disposal every now and them to keep the blades sharp.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
So if you're anything like me, you're obsessed with the outlandishly addictive Bravo TV series, The Real Housewives. I follow this show every week and am always completely dumbfounded by the antics of these big city socialites. I stumbled upon this super great caricature artist who obviously follows the series too. I died laughing when I saw these images. He did a perfect job! You can check out the rest of his work here.
-Kim D from Real Housewives of New Jersey-
-Danielle aka "The Square-Boobed Grinch" from Real Housewives of New Jersey-
-Bethenny from Real Housewives of NYC-
-Alexis and her husband from Real Housewives of Orange County-
-Kim G from Real Housewives of New Jersey-
-Ramona from Real Housewives of NYC-
-Alexis from Real Housewives of Orange County-
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
I have been following the blog of artist Cassandra Warren for awhile now and am never disappointed with her magnificent posts. Her works are sweet and whimsical but also have a sort of macabre undertone. I love the use of old book pages and matte acrylics. These make great little treasures. You can check out the rest of her work on her blog.